Make sure that your sponsor organization or school has enough liability and out of province insurance coverage for its own protection.  You should do this immediately after your group has been accepted, as it can take a while.

  • Speak to your Regional Coordinator if you anticipate issues obtaining an insurance certificate

  • Speak to your administrator NOW about getting the insurance certificate.


January 15 2020

  • Make sure that the YMCA of Greater Toronto is added as an additional insured 

  • The dates on the certificate should cover both phases of your exchange

  • The liability policy covers the activities of the sponsor organization, its staff and

    group leaders for the duration of both sides of the exchange and has $5,000,000 minimum coverage

  • The policy has adequate limits and covers any out-of-city or out-of-province travel


If you are experiencing difficulty with this website please contact us.  Please let us know what your issue is